Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Choice

Wouldn’t it be thrilling
Wouldn’t it be neat
To have been one of the people
Who sat at Jesus’ feet

Wouldn’t it be awesome
That older as I grew
Jesus was my neighbor
Someone that I knew

Perhaps He attended my wedding
That ceremony divine
Perhaps it was for me
He changed the water to wine

Perhaps with my young son
I went over to the park
And there met dear Jesus
Conversing till after dark

Or maybe it was my uncle
Who Jesus rose from the tomb
And I was one who witnessed
How glory filled the room

Or could I have been one watching
As to the cross they nailed
Or did I quietly slink away
My courage having failed

Did I hear about His rising
On resurrection day
Was I happy and elated
Or would I rather go and play

Did His message really touch me
As I listened to His voice
Whether it did or didn’t
It certainly was my choice.

By Terry Hebdon July 2009

No comments: