Monday, February 23, 2009

Breathing Easier!

I spoke in our Stake Conference meeting Saturday night, adult session. It was a new experience and quite nerve racking. I survived! President Christensen asked me to speak and told me that the theme of the evening would be "Be Still, and know that I am God!" and that my part would be the being still part, waiting patiently on the Lord. I really did love that theme, it touched my heart and made me think of the many things that I have experienced in my life that fit that very theme.
It really is nice to have done, and in a strange way I am so grateful to have been asked to speak because it was so wonderful to remember those wonderful things in my life. I couldn't share all of my experiences that I had, but I shared some, and I pondered much and had some other points I felt helped me be still through the years, and it just felt so good to review these things.
The next day at Sunday Conference there was a young primary age girl that was asked to speak. She got to the pulpit and just started to sob. She was so nervous. I felt like I knew the exact feeling she was going through. I wanted to give her a hug. Her father stood behind her and comforted her for a minute or so, and then she began her talk. She read it so well and the message was great. It touched my heart.
Life sometimes seems so difficult that we feel like we just can't do it, but when we trust in the Lord we can do anything. He will always be there to help us through it.

No comments: