Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just a reminder: no medical report until Thursday!

Terry did not have an appointment this week so there was no medical report Monday.
He is feeling okay, with a few slight cold symptoms, and we are heading to Seattle for the DLI as planned.
Ready or not...here we come!

I should be ready, but I must have put things off until it was too late, because it seems to have snuck up on me. I know it hasn't really, but I'm still pushing to get things ready for us to leave today. I guess I just had too big of a To Do list to complete and it's not all going to happen so smoothly.

Now for confessions - I've had such an emotional beginning of the week, that I hope the rest of the week will not follow the same way. Some of this emotion has been good though. It started Sunday morning when something difficult for me happened and I felt sorrow and disappointment. Then all through Sacrament Meeting I felt such a wonderful feeling of love from my Heavenly Father that my emotions were surfacing. (No, they were surfaced!) It's a good thing I didn't have to speak or I would have blurted out a big cry session. I knew that my Savior had suffered this disappointment for me already and that hard as it was I could turn it over to Him and He would help calm my heart and soul. I did...and He did! Oh, it still hurt, but I could move forward with a sweet peace that I was loved from above.

Anyway, Monday sent me emotional moments as I was concerned for friends and family and Tuesday sent me emotional moments as I was preparing things to be able to go. One of the last things Tuesday that was so simple and yet it was such a Tender Mercy, was when I had to stop in Quincy (on my way home after a difficult day and late at that), to get pumpkins in case my kids needed them Wednesday night. They were 29 cents a pound and that seemed outrageous to me, but I needed them non-the-less. I put three in the cart and headed to the counter. As I was putting them on the counter a man came over to the clerk and said; "Give those to her for 15 cents since they go on sale tomorrow." I kindly thanked him, and even felt like hugging him, because my emotions were so close. Silly huh! But that again, let me know that our Savior was watching over me and would make things easier when things could be easier. Some things we have to go through and some things can be changed, but always...ALWAYS...He is there for us. I am so grateful for that. He is my source of peace.

So many have asked about this DLI, and it is a hard thing to understand (we are trying and learning more about it ourselves). I talked with the doctors yesterday and feel a little more informed. One thing though - we still don't know what the outcome will be - we can only hope and pray.

We thank you for your prayers as we head out again for this medical procedure. We'll keep you posted ... yes, more than I have the last couple weeks. Sorry! We will try to explain things as we learn more and go through them. With my limited knowledge it will be tricky, but I'll do my best.

And, again;
Today, ready or not, here we come!

4 comments:

Louise said...

Thank you for your post Elaine and I pray this day will be peaceful for you and Terry.

Becky Noftle said...

Good luck, let us help the kids at home if we can.

Tyler said...

Sending love, prayers, and support and anything you need. I love you all. Thank you for sharing your emotions and tender mercies. We seem to be having some of the same experiences. Love, Sherri

Worsham Family said...

Elaine, thank you for this post. You are such an inspiration to me and I am so thankful to have you in my life! I hope things go well in Seattle and I hope you know how loved you are. Love, Shelli