We had a visit with the oncologist and are continuing the same course as was determined last visit.
- Though they are still low, Terry's blood counts are better than they have been for awhile so he continues to hold (or does not take) the oral chemo, Revlimid. This is what I was hoping for.
- SCCA will continue the search for un-related donor. He had some blood drawn for "typing" (to help find a match). We don't know how long it will take to find a match, but we do know that we don't plan on heading to SCCA for transplant until after this year's harvest is complete.
- Take medication to help get over the cold he has (again). An illness always changes blood counts, so it's hard to know for sure what they would be without the cold.
Here is the lab report with the last four appointments -
You'll see that the white blood counts and neutrophils are better this time.
The counts I usually report are listed here
(You might also like to take note of the Neutrophils, as they have improved too.)
We've been trying to watch the calcium and potassium, and are pleased with those counts, however he has been having some awful muscle cramps the last few days. I'm blaming it on the long and hard hours he has been working this spring. It's just becoming too much for him. We look forward to slowing down soon.
There is a second page with a few more counts, but I didn't scan it - things look good there.