Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thinking of MY Missionaries!

 
Connor is serving in Titusville right now.
He has met a missionary from Brandon and Megan's ward (from Yucaipa California) - Elder Durham,
and a missionary from Bryan and Sherri's ward (Terry's sister in Idaho Falls, who's husband this elder refers to as Bishop Larson) - Elder Lovejoy.  It's so fun!
If I understand correctly, there are 3 elder companionships in Connor's district, and one of the elders in each of those companionships has a connection - Elder Hebdon would be one of those three.
It's so fun to meet someone who knows someone you know!   
 
Here is the site for Connor's mission -  Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Mission
It looks like they post once a month.  (but I often have problems getting into it)
 
Connor sent a photo with his email yesterday, taken by an eight year old boy preparing for baptism -
 

by the way - Connor just celebrated his 19th birthday on his mission.
 
I wish I had a recent photo of Chase, but don't, sorry!
He seems to be doing a lot of service while in Battle Mountain, and construction seems to be the theme for that service right now.
He and his companion have been helping a man with some home improvements - breaking out concrete and pouring more and building an awning, etc.  (It sounds like there may even be french doors to be installed sometime in the future.)
The ward mission leader had a birthday party for Chase - he just celebrated his 21st birthday.
Chase told us he got a package from a family here in Royal and enjoyed the surprise.  It was a balloon - blown up ..., with some great cookies inside.  Thanks for thinking of him!

You know how every once in a while we see or hear something that reminds us of something or someone we love?  Chase has had that happen recently.  Anyone who has been to Keith and Idris' home may remember a picture they had hanging in their kitchen of two little boys wearing overalls, walking down the road, and written on that picture were the words, "You been farming long?"  Someone there in Battle Mountain has one of those, and it has brought back loving memories for him.

I googled that picture and found it here.



 As I looked at that picture and read how it came to be, my mind went back to some earlier days reminding me of a cute photo I have of my two boys serving missions right now.  It is just a random photo I took while they were playing.

Here it is -

Connor and Chase - August 1997
This was not a pre-planned pose - and I couldn't have planned it better.  The smiles are sweet and the colors are perfect together ..., but no, I don't know why they thought they should put the wagon up on the steps in front of the door.  I'm sure it kept them busy though.

And, while I was searching for that photo, I came across this one that I just had to post - my two missionaries (see their ties) happily sharing their ties with some old friends.  Now they are out sharing the gospel with new found friends (who may soon be wearing ties if they are not now). 


Connor and Chase - July 1997

Here is another couple pictures that shows how Connor and Chase played very nicely together when they were younger.


Chase and Connor - December 1995
Yes, they played nicely together, even in the puddles!  But at least they came in the mudroom door.


Chase and Connor - September 1996

They had a lot of fun times, but sometimes their fun got them into mischief as this next photo proves (like we needed proof, right!).

 
Oh the joys of childhood!  (or do I really mean parenthood? - Yes, I did find joy, I suppose that's why there is a photo of this mess.  Can you see and feel the joy?  I'm smiling, are you?)

Thanks for sharing this little trip down memory lane with me.  I really had a great trip, and hope you enjoyed it too.  Maybe we'll do it again sometime. 

 

1 comment:

Louise said...

Those pictures are priceless, thanks for sharing!