Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Happy Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving day!
It always feels best when our harvest is complete by Thanksgiving, and our personal harvest is complete.  Great to celebrate!
We had plenty of food for the weekend.
 

 
The table was set with things that reminded me/us of our parents and extended family.  The gold butter plate (in the center of the upper photo) is one from Terry's parents, and the yams are similar to what she made after their mission to Tennessee.  My parents gave us the goblets many years ago for Christmas, and the little green filled cups are a jello salad recipe my mom makes and we all love - Lime Pear Delight.  We love family!

 
We had some great family time.
(I didn't get good enough photos of the family. They were waiting on me to take the photos and I was in too much of a hurry and the photos I did take didn't turn out very nicely.  Then my batteries died when I tried to take photos of them playing games. Oh Bother!  But the company was great!
 
Auger wanted a photo of his overalls - they are a pair of overalls that our boys used to wear.  The hooks were broken so I replaced them with different hooks, but they wouldn't fit down over the button enough to stay put, so they wrapped some rubber bands around them to help them stay connected.  It worked and he was so happy.
 

 
We missed half of our family (12 here and 12 unable to attend), and look forward to being with them all sometime in the future.
We are lovin' their blogs with the updates and photos.  :)

We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
We are now wishing you a Merry Christmas!
(don't those two holidays flow together nicely!)
Then on to Valentines Day - ahhh! lovely!
Then Easter!
(my four favorites!)
 
Okay, I'm not trying to rush things - just sayin' what a great stretch of holidays we have, that remind us of the important things in life ..., even of life itself ...,
 
I am truly grateful for my family and for our Savior!  
... yes! ... lovely!


No comments: