Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We are here!

Day one is complete.
Our first day at SCCA included registration, blood draws, and history and physical exams for both Terry and Dennis.
We took the shuttle to the SCCA from the Pete Gross House and decided that we are so glad to be where that is available.
We are now moved in to our apartment, which we are happy with. It does seem small to me, but it is going to be great. The kitchen is tiny and needs more cupboard space for me since I plan on cooking here, but I will survive it and am so grateful to even have it. We had a car full, but we did leave some things home :) We will bring them next trip :). We get to go home this weekend and return again Monday morning. Dennis didn't know that he would have to carry in so many things. We never did include that in his "job description". We did get to use some luggage carts to help us, but it sure made it easier to have his help.
The family room and dining room is all one room and has plenty of space for my "habits" ;) &/or crafts, which will include scrap booking and sewing and exercising and addressing graduation announcements and blogging and even watching movies;).
Lucky us - we have a yard without dirt or weeds. It's just cement and railing, but it's a place to be outside and it is all ours. No grass or plants, but also no having to share with the neighbors, and it's going to be great. Does that sound anti-social? I guess that maybe I am. Sorry!
Our view? It is so impressive - NOT! We have a tooooo (many) story building on one side of us that we cannot see over the top of, but can see right into several of the offices in that building, so maybe it will be entertaining. On the other side of us we see the top of a building with all of it's cooling units and ?things? and the back of the bill board or whatever it is.
Tomorrow is planned out for us, but I won't include that info until tomorrow. Our first appointment is at 10:00 am and our last one is at 2:30 (and might take about an hour, so we could be done at about 3:30).
We did hear one bit of good news today - Terry might not have to have the chemo treatments that were originally planned - but as soon as I say that they will change their minds again and tell us that he does. This is just helping us to remember that things can change from one day to the next. They even warned us of that today.
Thanks again to all of our family and friends who have been so kind and thoughtful of us. We do feel of your love and we are praying for you too! Thank you so much! We love you!
Our address is:
525 Minor Avenue North
Apartment 214
Seattle, WA 98109

2 comments:

Britt said...

That is a long post mom.!!!!!!! <3 it is a heart. Can I register myself for the music thig(music Box) so I dont have to know your password while you are gone. Or even at all. I can register as myself instead of you having my music on yours. I promise I will put GOOD music on thier! love ya BrittanyJo hebdon

Jason and Kristi Ann said...

So, when can we come visit? My son has Spring Break this week so I wouldn't have to worry about being back in time to him up from school or getting him to bed early so he can make it to school in the morning. We would love to come visit. 253-804-8400