Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FYI

Today is worse than crummy!
Terry had a terrible night and day so far.
Up to the bathroom all night and then finally vomited this afternoon. When he got done making a mess of things (throwing up) he said something like, "good, now maybe I can feel better!" I hope so too, because it made me sick trying to clean it up. :) The things we do for love! I'm over it, so long as it doesn't happen again real soon. :)
The doctors think that his diarrhea and nausea is due to the GVHD, so they prescribed some new meds for him. I had to run to ML to get them. I didn't want to leave Terry alone, so Chase stayed here with him. It was one of the fastest trips to town I've ever made. Luckily, Terry was okay while I was gone.
Funny thing though - how is he going to take these meds when he can't eat or drink anything without feeling icky? When he throws up after taking meds, does he have to take them again? Too bad these meds don't all come in a syringe that I can eject into his Hickman line. Of course, that makes him feel strange too!
Better days ahead!?*@!^:? Who knows when! Hopefully soon!

5 comments:

Louise said...

Oh Elaine, I'm sorry for the crummy day! If it makes you feel any better, I had 4 kids throw up in the office today! I should probably stay way away from Terry for now, with all the germs I'm around everyday. Good health is such a blessing, and I pray Terry will soon be the recipient of that blessing.

Becky Noftle said...

It is so easy to feel sympathy for Terry. However; I still haven't forgiven Michael for throwing up on the carpet just outside the bathroom, I mean he was soooo close he should have been able to make it to the sink or toilet. This was 15 years ago when I was pregnant with Jackson, I might have to let it go!

Shawna Scorup said...

Thank you for cleaning up the mess, I know he felt bad that you had to. I remember Karen cleaning up after me one time when I got sick and all I could say is, "I'm so sorry". Yes, what we do for love! hope this turns around soon.

Tyler said...

Tyler sent me a text today saying that Terry was in bad shape. I think he has talked to Skyler, I hurried home from work and looked for any news. Thank you for posting and wiping up and loving and enduring. You are a great example to me. We pray numbers will improve which ever direction they need to go, we pray the throw up sensation will leave for a very long time, and we pray for the doctors to be smarter than they should be to take care of Terry and we pray for peace for everyone who is feeling at all anxious about all that is going on. We love you all and cherish the fact WE ARE FAMILY Love you all for always, Sherri and family

Ellen said...

I am a little slow getting the last few posts read as our computer has had a few little problems, but they are better now. Terry, I am so sorry you are feeling so rocky. I too continue to add my prayers with those of many others, that you will be blessed with better days, and soon. Elaine, just know how I love and appreciate all you do for y brother. I love you all so much, Ellen