Saturday, September 8, 2012

Garden Angel

I was slow-pokin' around one morning trying to decide whether to start canning some nectarines or go weed the garden (and pick up weed piles from the day before) and didn't really force myself to do either.  But, I kept hearing strange noises - it started early in the morning when I heard what I thought was a bird on the roof and a noise like a broom stick falling and tumbling somewhere.  Occasionally I do hear noises and they spook me at times and this was really weird, cause no one else was around - I know, cause I opened the door and looked and called for anyone who would hear me - nothing!

So, I went back to slow-pokin' around and maybe an hour later I kept hearing other noises, like what sounded like a child making bit of noise, and someone dragging something along the gravel or working on equipment.  I just kept thinking that it must be a dove or other new bird coming to visit our yard, or that I was finally over to the crazy side of life ..., you know ..., kinda insane!  Oh, sometimes I do think it's coming! :)

Image from HERE

Well, finally there was just one too many noises and I was sure I had someone out there in the back yard, so I stood up to look out my window and ...,  ah! ..., I saw an angel with her accomplices.

So, I wasn't crazy as I thought I was.  Now I was just disappointed that I hadn't gotten up and looked earlier.  :(

What did I see?  Something that made me get up and get going.  I got right out the door to help that angel.  The first thing I heard was a sweet and excited little voice say "Hey Grama, we are doing a service for you!"  This little accomplice (Auger) was pushing an old wobbly kids wheelbarrow filled with weeds over to our weed pile. 

His sister, (Akleigh) the second accomplice, was sitting in the dirt/gravel jabbering and making noises, and very happy to see me.

The angel (Dana) was pulling weeds out of the veggie garden. 
What are they doing?  Duh!  I was told - they were "doing a service" for me.

Well, I got right in and helped ..., and the two accomplices found their way to the house ..., but the Angel remained for quite a while making my garden look better.  It's Great!  I love angels - don't you!

This did MAKE MY DAY!

No comments: