Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Our day started out with a celebration we have attended almost every year for the past 33 years (and for Terry it's been even longer).  Our church flag raising program and breakfast is always a wonderful event we love to attend, but this year it was a little more stressful since I was responsible for the program. 
 
I began several weeks ago and put together a program that many other wonderful people presented.
This is all we would have seen if others had not done their part on the program. (And many of these things were set out by other people ... what did I do?) Each did a wonderful job and presented their part perfectly.  I couldn't be more pleased!  Thank you!
 
 
We had a wonderful group of men responsible for the flag raising at the beginning of our program ...,
 
 
and again for the flag folding ceremony at the end of our program ...
 
 
We had a great choir, and a couple beautiful solos ... 
 
 
We had a few awesome Readers and Stage Hands ...
 


 
And, of course, we had a great audience ...
 

We also handed out patriotic favors ...
(a choice of flag, pinwheel, star bead necklace, or tassel)
 
 
I am grateful for all who helped and shared their talents with us.
After the program we each took our chairs to the other side of the yard for a delicious breakfast ..., that I had nothing to do with,  ;) except enjoy!
 
On our way home the kids came up with a great idea - we stopped at a special spot - a perfect place for a flag ...
 
 
Now we rest!  I mean, I get to rest after the busy work is over for this morning. I suppose I'll get up and do a few things, but I'm not sure I'll get into anything that requires much today. I do think I'll make a potato salad - that sounds delicious.
 
We plan on staying home because Terry is not feeling well, but as usual, we will be able to see a few fireworks around the area tonight.

Oh! here are a couple cute pictures of Akleigh - they stopped by for a couple minutes.  She and BJo were playing with a tassel - and lovin' it!


 
 
Happy Independence Day!
 
image from here
 
FYI - to read through the program click here.
 
 

No comments: