Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Today's Report

We went to Wenatchee to see our oncologist, but didn't get to see her, though we did get to see another in her place.  We were well cared for and are grateful for that care.
 
Terry had blood work done again (taken from his arm and also from his line to test the two for any infection), he had a chest x-ray to make sure there was no lung issues, a neupogen shot to help increase the neutrophils, and we picked up an antibiotic prescription to help him get over this illness he has had for a couple weeks.
 
 
In some ways it seemed to be another "long" day, but it went well, in spite of the heat.
We are so grateful for good doctors and nurses and for medications that can help us in times of need ..., and for air conditioning.

 
Our day started off in a great way - BJo made me a birthday cake (yesterday while we were in Seattle) and we invited family over to enjoy cake and ice cream for breakfast.  (They brought some awesome gifts for me too - they are so thoughtful and kind and giving.)
 
 
 

(We continue our family tradition of cake and ice cream for breakfast on birthday mornings.  It is a great prelude to the day.)
 
Terry encouraged me to stop at a couple favorite thrift stores on our way home from the doctor. (I have an awesome husband!) He sat in the warm car while I searched for my special finds, and I did find a few items to buy for myself today.  I felt kinda selfish leaving him in the car while I went shopping, but it really was at his request.  I hurried!
 
 
Anthony had the lawn mowed when we got home today and BJo made dinner for us tonight, so it's been an awesome day from start to finish.  (I have awesome children! Every one of them!  Terry and I have 22 descendants at today's count and we love each one of them.)
 
We are hoping that Terry begins to feel better, but the neupogen makes his body ache, so even though some things might feel better, he is going to be aching - from the biopsy and from the shot. 
I wish I could ease some of the pains and problems he suffers with.  If only I could twinkle my nose and make it all good!   
I am so thankful for him!  He is a good man!
 
 Life is Good!
(even though there is bad - I guess we have to have the bad to help us recognize and enjoy the good.)

 

No comments: