Tuesday, September 24, 2013

On the road again!

We said our good-byes and started our drive to the big city.  Our good-byes made me kinda sad because Elsie wanted me to keep holding her instead of giving her back to her mom and Akleigh wanted me to carry her to the car, only not to her car ..., to grandma's car. So sad!  She stayed pretty close to me all morning, just like she knew something was going on.  I am so happy to know that we will be home for the weekend.  It's gonna get harder in a couple weeks when we can't come home.
It does however, make me happy to see that those two little gals love me.

The drive to Seattle went well, even with all the construction along I-90.  We got some rain around Issaquah, but that didn't last long.

We stopped at Ellensburg to mail a couple packages, but didn't remember where the post office was. There was a young man on a bike along the side of the street, so we asked him where it was. He told us and then said that if we turned around he would lead us to it. So we went to the end of the block and headed back his direction, and he led the way. He had a couple friends with him when we asked for directions. One left and the other followed him along the street as he led the way. What a nice guy! I hope someone does something kind for him someday soon. He deserves it!

I walked into the post office in need of boxes to pack up what I was mailing, and the man behind the counter came around front to help me find exactly what I needed. He was so kind and helpful.

Terry and I decided that WE HEART ELLENSBURG!

There was a lot of traffic thru Seattle, but it didn't seem to slow us down much or cause any problems.  We just kept on going and arrived at SCCA House almost with ease, and as we checked in we learned that there was a dinner being offered to the guests, free of charge, by a catering company, so we enjoyed a nice meal here on our first night.

We watched a fun old movie on TV (no idea what the name of it was, but it was fun to see the familiar actors in their younger years) and enjoyed some yummy caramel popcorn that Tawnee made  and sent with us.

It is obvious to see that our first day has been filled with a few tender mercies of the Lord.  We are grateful for the love He sends through the hands of others. I am going to have to be aware of how I can be those hands for another, to help them feel of His love - a "pay it forward" kinda thing.

We hope that those we left home had a good day too!  We kinda think they did.

Love ya all!

No comments: