Saturday, September 20, 2014

Medical Week & BJo Address

Monday (15th) thru Friday (19th) Terry had Dacogen chemo infusions and each went well.

In addition to chemo, Tuesday (16th) and Friday (19th) were transfusions - each day with 2 units of red blood cells and 1 platelets.   Each of those went well too.

Terry has been hurting a lot lately and we hope that means something is working inside, but the blood work doesn't seem to give us that hope.  His labs actually show that things are worse (the Blasts are too high - but we don't really understand what a Blast count is enough to explain it to anyone), but they are not necessarily going to stay that way.  Dacogen is supposed to help bring the Blast count down (and help some of the other counts too) so we may still see some improvement.  So we hope and pray on ....

Even though the appointments went well, it has been a long and busy week for us, actually a long and busy couple of weeks.  Life is definitely happening around here.

When I left to do some shopping Friday afternoon I found that our left rear car tire was flat.  Oh Bother!  What was I to do?   I have never changed a flat tire before. Every once in awhile I wonder if I should learn, but I decide that I've lived this long without it then there may not be a need. 

Surprisingly I didn't feel too frantic, but I knew I couldn't change it.  I called up to Terry (still in the hospital room receiving his transfusions) and he suggested I get the Curby people to help me if they could.  Well, the Curby lady didn't know how to change a tire either so she got me the phone book and I called Les Schwab.  I had to wait almost an hour but they came and aired up my tire, then I drove a mile or so to their shop to have them fix it.  It all turned out just fine, except that I did not get all of my shopping done.  I'll have to do it next week. 

We've enjoyed hearing from BJo and she is enjoying her first week at school, though she is feeling like it's been a long and busy week too.   She has made some friends and enjoyed some classes and looks forward to more good times.  I'm sure she would love to hear from you if you'd like to write her:

BrittanyJo Hebdon
246 S. 1st W. Apt #203
Rexburg, ID 83440

As I was wondering what photo or image I could add to todays post I found this one from June.


BJo and Akleigh fun with glasses
Then I remembered I had one on my camera that I should add.  This was just a couple days ago when I was watching these two little guys for a couple minutes.


Sweet Stuff!


No comments: