Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Days!

We had a busy last few days, but they have been really good days.

BrittanyJo and I were talking Wednesday evening and wishing she could be home for General Conference/Easter weekend.  By the end of the day she had made arrangements with her classes to make it happen.  She only had Monday and Tuesday left in the semester and only one class she had to attend, others were online, so she talked to her teacher and got permission to skip that last class.  She is working on other online assignments at home.

She began to pack and get things arranged in Rexburg and Anthony and I left for Rexburg Thursday morning, got there that evening, moved her out, and headed for home Friday morning.  (It was almost that easy ... maybe.)

After a long drive and four stops along the way (for fuel, meals, and a bit of Easter shopping because I had not yet shopped for any candy or meal preps) we made it home by about 6:00pm.

Chase came home for the weekend too (and brought a friend from college), so all of my unmarried children were home with me again. It was a good feeling - we missed all the children that couldn't be here with us.

We enjoyed our time together. I only have photos of a couple activities, but we have memories that will be fun to remember.  The guys replaced the pads on the trampoline.





It was a beautiful day and Boston loved this activity as much as anyone else.


We had a nice Easter breakfast with Thomas and Michael's families and enjoyed every conference message.  As usual the picture taking got left undone, and I didn't get any pics of the tablescape because I just used paper plates this year.  It just seemed easiest and when I saw the cute pink flowers on the plates at Costco I decided to go with that and be happy - and I was.  It was cheerful and easy to clean up.

I did get a cute picture of Akleigh and Elsie after they found some fun jewelry to wear - they had so much fun being together.



Once again, General Conference seemed better than the last one, even though the last one seemed the best ever. And, once again, my position in life gives me new perspective on things.

Easter day had a different feel to it this year.  As always, it was a sweet reminder of our Heavenly Father and our Savior's love for us, but this year there was a focus on one special person and my desire to be with him again.

At each loss of a family member I have been reminded of the sweet eternal blessings that are ours, and have been intensely grateful for them, but never with such depth as now.  However, I've never felt so alone after those losses, as I do now. Those intense feelings have deepened and I have many moments daily that remind me of how grateful I am for the Atonement and Resurrection and their place in my life - and my family life.  It's never been so real.

It was always a reason for living righteously and repenting of past mistakes, but it was more in the background, resurfacing as needed. Now it is front and center in every waking moment and most every thought I think, and helps give direction to my day more than ever before.

I'm definitely living a different life - no longer living the dream I once had.  The final destination is the same, but the way I travel there is definitely needing remapped.  I felt the words Sister Burton said - life just isn't life without my husband.  Life is definitely something different than what life was with him here, but as every speaker testified - our Savior lives and loves us and He reaches out to save us and to lead us safely home.

Easter was a day that changed everything and I am extremely grateful for that day..., that event..., that love..., and what it means for me and my family..., and what it does for me and my family.  It is a great and marvelous gift to us.



BJo will be here with us for two weeks before returning to BYU-I.  It's better than the 9 days we thought we'd have before we made the quick trip to get her last week.  ;)



3 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

So glad you get BrittanyJo home for longer, and those little girls are adorable!

The Stanley's said...

I appreciate your valiant perspective and testimony. Happy Easter everyday for you, for us all.

Ellen said...

Once again I am so uplifted and inspired as I read this post. Glad joyride family was with you and that BJo was able to come home sooner. I found myself wishing that conference would not end. Love, Ellen