Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Our Weekend!

We have had a great few days.

I was in Ellensburg one day last week and drove down a street to find these lovely flowers.  I love this wild flower look and wanted to stop and take a picture.


So I turned right at the end of the block to pull in and take a picture of the flowers.  What a cute surprise!  I parked right in front of Mater.


I got a picture of him too, (I thought my grand kids would love to see him).  The flowers were fun to see, but the photos just don't show the beauty that I really saw.


I do appreciate how some people try to make their part of the world a beautiful place to be.  This look is so much more lovely than weeds and garbage.


BrittanyJo came home for the weekend.  She and I were going to head to Longview to get her patriarchal blessing.  My parents volunteered to come our way which saved her the extra travel and allowed her to be with her siblings and nieces and nephews here.  (I have awesome parents!)  

It is a wonderful thing to have a father that is a patriarch and can give these beautiful blessings to his grandchildren.


We stopped at the cemetery on the way home from church on Sunday.  My parents wanted to see the headstone.   Auger and Akleigh often like to ride home with us after church and they love to stop there too.  We saw another bunny today, but it was pretty quick at getting out of our way.


Auger read everything on the headstone as his Grandpa Rodeback pointed out each word, name, and date.  


We happened to be there when David and Shawna came too.



Oh!  Auger saw his name too, as he read his Grandpa Keith's name on their headstone.  



Our house was filled with family and noise and fun and love Sunday evening.





BJo is back to Rexburg and my parents are back in Longview and it's just the three of us again, but it was a great weekend.  (Missing them already!)

A bit of farm life over the weekend - Auger was with his dad checking the circle in the Timothy. Thomas (while up on the circle) got a picture of Auger standing in that field, trying to find his way around.  Our crops are growing, and so are our children and grandchildren.



Oh, almost forgot - I wanted to share this photo too.  While in Ellensburg getting my hair done I saw this picture hanging on the wall.  It brought a smile to my heart.  These 12 Man signs and flags often do bring a smile to my heart because they bring back fond memories of fun times in Seattle.




No comments: