Monday, June 22, 2015

To Remind Me Notes from What's on the Other Side?

Notes I wrote on my book mark while reading the book What's on the Other Side? by Brent L. Top

The gospel teaches us that the most important learning is acquired through spiritual means (p13)

On the other side of the veil, there are perhaps seventy billion people.  They need the same gospel, and releases occur here to aid the Lord's work there.  Each release of a righteous individual from this life is also a call to new labors.  Those who have true hope understand this.  Therefore, though we miss the departed righteous so much here, hundreds may feel their touch there.  In God's ecology, talent and love are never wasted .... A mortal life may need to be 'shortened' by twenty years as we might view - but if so, it may be done in order for  special services to be rendered by that individual in the spirit world, services that will benefit thousands of new neighbors. (Neal A Maxwell, p33+)


Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ my "life  review" can be modified to feature the new me instead of the old one.  The sins I have repented of will be forgotten / not remembered.

Love is the answer for everything.

Every day, every moment I am writing my own eulogy. (p72)

Living day by day means doing everything each day with an eternal perspective. (p74)

No comments: