Thursday, October 22, 2009

Saturday (17th) -
Columbia Basin Marching Band Festival was held here in Royal, our school being the hosts. Chase was a major help to Mr Rowley and also participated with the RHS choir in singing the opening anthem. Connor and Chase participated in with the RHS band, Skyler and BrittanyJo helped as "band guide", working in the concession stand, and as a "judge runner". We watched the shows and Anthony took the only photo possible, since the battery died.


Sunday (18th) -
Our nephew, Jeremy Luster, is going to Ghana Africa on a mission for the church. I believe he leaves today (Thursday). He spoke at Sacrament mtg Sunday, and we wanted to attend, say good-bye, give him a hug and tell him we love him. So, we got up at 3:15 that morning and got ready for church, drove to Longview, attended their meetings, and had a nice lunch and visit with the family, then drove home. It was a great day, and worth it all.

When we arrived home I immediately went to the computer and wrote to Michael. It was worrying me so much to not have it done before then, because of our time difference, but it turned out kinda fun. I got onto our email and saw that he had written, telling me he was there to write and wondering where I was. It had come only a few minutes before I got on, so I quickly emailed that I was now writing and I'd be sending it soon, but to for sure know that we love him. I sent that email and then continued with a second one. He then sent a second email telling me he received the first, and knew that I would be writing, and that he would be around for another hour or so. (I guess they had other things to do in the area.) I continued writing and sent his email to him. It was fun to be online at the same time, but I was especially grateful that he had not come and gone, unable to read an email from me this week. This was a tender mercy indeed.

Monday (19th) - (I know some have been waiting patiently for this post, please forgive me for being so slow with getting it out)

Terry had a doctor appointment. She (Dr. Smith) says that the blood work is digressing (which we knew would be the case, because of how he feels), but that it was not necessary to begin treatments immediately. She expects that he will probably start sometime the beginning of next year or hopefully into the early spring. His next appointment is in January, but he is to call her if he feels he cannot wait that long.
He is having some worsening symptoms, but we are please that overall he is feeling pretty good. He was able to work this fall and accomplish a lot, so we cannot complain. (At least I don't complain about that, but I'm sure I need to work on not complaining about other things :).

1 comment:

The Stanley's said...

I had a similar experience a week ago. I woke up at 2:30 am in the morning and received the email from Jonathon. Then I hurried and sent one off. I then got a second email and realized we were on at the same time. He signed off before receiving mine but still there was something comforting to know at that very moment where he was and what he was doing...
We pray for your family.
Love, Anita