Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yoga anyone?

For the last few weeks our team (the doctors and nurses, etc. that take care of Terry here) have been suggesting that we go to the yoga class. Well, lack of desire kept us away for a couple weeks and then when we thought we would finally attend it, Terry's red blood count was bad and he had no energy to go.
At our appointment yesterday that topic came up again and we told them we would go today, and we did. Need I say more? :) I will! ;)
There were some that were really into it and they really enjoyed their time there. We do understand why there are yoga fanatics out there. Relaxation and concentration, well, and breathing, seem to be the key. There is some movement, but it is slow and easy. Personally though, I don't care to tell my trainer about my inner thoughts and every pain, and for all the class to hear as I do. I am a much more private person I guess, and have never cared to be up in front of the class...any class. Besides, I have that stuff on my wii and it's just me and my trainer (who cannot see or hear me) and occasionally my husband. I like that setting much better and it is much more relaxing.
Terry has mixed reviews about the class. (Just glad he didn't have to wear tights, but then we never really thought he'd have to. It was just something we laughed about.)
Terry is feeling more energetic each day and we are so pleased that the nausea is not too bad. He hasn't had any meds to combat nausea for a week now and he's handling it great.
Things are looking good.

4 comments:

Shawna Scorup said...

Glad you checked out the Yoga. Even if it is not something you want to attend, you might learn something helpful to do on your own. Elaine, you could be the instructer...Love you both-Shawna

Becky Noftle said...

Downward dog anyone? Do you get to got home?

the Jenks said...

Yoga? Wow!

Ellen said...

Mind relaxation,,,,,,hoping that is a possible thing. Seems like there is a lot to think about. Deep breathing.....helpful in keeping your lungs in good condition. It is amazing that yoga is not just about exercising. Thanks to the WII Fit I know a little about yoga. Love, Ellen