Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daily Gems!

I get an email titled "Daily Gems" that had a great message for our circumstances. Just thought I'd share it since it relates to my post yesterday. Here it is:

Sent to Earth to Endure

Posted: 19 Aug 2010 12:00 AM PDT

“Do not expect to be free entirely from trouble and disappointment and pain and discouragement, for these are the things that we were sent to earth to endure. “The scriptures promise, ‘There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it’ (1 Corinthians 10:13). “The Savior said, ‘Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me’ (D&C 88:63).”
Boyd K. Packer, “Prayer and Promptings,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 46

No comments: