Monday, August 30, 2010

Better Late Than Never?

We are home! Arrived Saturday about ... maybe 1:00pm. We unloaded the car and had too much to put away. :) We stuffed things in rooms to take care of later. It's going to require some deep cleaning to get some of these things back in place. I'm not quite ready for that, but someday I'll start gutting rooms before I finally put things away the right way.

It will take some time trying to get the two schedules fit together right too. Medicines and IV's require a specific time schedule and so do our children and their activities and just daily routine in general. So we'll do our best to try to fit in again.

I tried to have breakfast ready by 6:30am this morning, but was a little over 15 minutes late with it. No major problem, but somehow the second Spanish tortilla got burned, even though I was trying to hurry them off the stove. How does that happen? Too much to do I guess, and too little experience of late with so many different tasks at hand. Things seem to be telling me: "Ready or not, here we come!"

It was wonderful to attend church yesterday, and we had a bonus in the evening with a seminary fireside. It was a very nice meeting - all were. It was good to see our ward/church family and it is great to be home with our children. Terry gave a couple father's blessings before bedtime and it has been awesome to have family scripture and prayer with our kids again.

Thanks to all who have helped them and us thru the last 5 months (and more). Yip, it was about 1 day short of 5 months that we were living in Seattle. WOW! No wonder it seems like such a tricky transition. We are here and going to give it all we've got.

Today will be filled with cleaning, laundry, and canning a few jars of peaches as I continue to take care of my wonderful husband. He doesn't complain much, so I'm guessing at these things - what I sense it that this infusion is causing some headaches, confusion, and just all around icky feeling and he is a bit weak. Better days ahead...

3 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Welcome home! We are so thankful.

Ellen said...

So thankful that you made it home ok. I worried and worried about you getting all your things to the car and loaded and told Wayne I sure wished we could have stayed and packed it all up for you. If I had had my head in gear, we could have done that while you were at your appointment, but..........Elaine, I can't even imagine how it must feel to be home after being gone for so long, but you are an amazing woman and I know the Lord will continue to bless you as you re-enter you position in your home. I wish I lived closer so I could be of help to you. Just know, you, Terry and the whole family are always in our prayers. Love, Ellen

Becky Noftle said...

Each day will bring you closer to your "next new normal".
love that your home!