Wednesday, September 1, 2010

FYI

MEDICAL MADNESS:
We went to Seattle Tuesday and had a blood draw and clinic visit. The blood draw showed that the IV medication Terry is getting is causing low numbers (half what it was when we left) and he had to get a "G" shot to help boost those low numbers.
We return today, Wednesday for another blood draw to check the numbers again to see if the shot is doing what it should, and he may get another shot if needed.
We return Friday for a repeat and a clinic visit.

Moving home was good for some reasons, and not so good for others. It would take me too long to write the list of pros and cons, but you can probably guess a few, and the others might be better left unsaid!

Oh! I haven't had to work with needles yet, but I was taught how to give the G shot yesterday. She said I'd probably be the one demonstrating to them today and I just told her that it was fine if she gave it since we were going to be coming back so often. We'll see. Needles are not my friends. I don't even take slivers out, Terry does that. I'll be strong if I have to, but whimpy if not :)

We went through a drive thru car wash yesterday :) It rained hard all the way home until we got to Ellensburg where it began to just sprinkle. Finally, at about Ryegrass there was no moisture at all.

MISSION LIFE:
Michael is having a different experience at the moment. We learned that he is in the hospital, not for himself, but to be with his companion who got in a biking/automobile accident. It sounds like it's just his foot/ankle area, and is requiring surgery and a long recovery, but luckily it is not life threatening.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I hope the numbers are going to climb and be where the Drs. want them. I don't know about giving shots either, but I have given them to myself when I had that heart attack. It was a blood thinner so it left me looking like an eggplant. Good luck with everything. Love, Ellen

Becky Noftle said...

I volunteer Louise to give the G shot if needed!!