Friday, July 15, 2011

Because I have to say something ...

I apologize if you have been waiting for something to read here - I have not known what to post, though wished I could each day. There will be many things left unsaid even now, but please know right off, that we appreciate all the kind words and deeds from so many friends. That kindness is helping Idris through this difficult time in her life.

This familiar quote has come to my mind often - "Two men/women can do anything as long as one of them is the Lord" - and we know that the Lord is carrying her/us.

We were able to have some of our children here with us and we love and appreciate each one of them. We missed those who were unable to attend and know how difficult it was to have such pressing matters that needed to be taken care of, and wishing more that they could be here with us. We look forward to our upcoming wedding when we will gather again and to the 16th of August when Chase will join us again for a short time before heading out for two years.

Life is still happening around us, even when death is so near. We are ever grateful that our Savior has taken the sting of death away, making it possible for each of us to live again. Not only the sting of death, but of all pain and suffering of any sort. The Lord Is My Shepherd, and I know He knows His sheep. I feel His love. It is a love different and even more sustaining than any earthly love. It helps carry us through...

And, I just want to say - I have an awesome husband! He was helping me through rough waters when he needed help too. I have seen before that even in his weakest state, he is a strong man. If I may say so myself - I chose well! I look forward to eternity with him!

No comments: