Sunday, July 15, 2012

Royal City Community Days Parade

One of the things we fit into our busy Saturday was the community days parade.  It was a simple little parade, yet there were moments when it touched my heart.
One of my favorite parts of the parade was to see the medical and emergency response vehicles come through the arch made by the fire trucks spraying water toward each other.
It seemed a patriotic thing to do and it touched my heart.
I was happy to be close enough to see it. 


Another favorite was seeing Connor in the band.  Seeing him there with his great smile touched my heart and reminded me of how happy/lucky I am to have him.
This is his last time to walk with the band in the parade since he graduated this year. 
I know he loved being there with his band buddies.


Next up, is the joy we feel to see neighbors and friends in our community as they participate in the parade.  Some handed out chocolate milk, others handed out Schwan's ice cream sandwiches (they happen to be my favorite ice cream sandwich), others I almost missed and felt so hurt that I didn't seem them sooner, but when that sweet little gal looked over at us with those beautifully sparkling eyes it melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes.  (I was so overcome that I didn't even get a good picture till after the fact!  But, that's okay, I still hold that look in my heart.)



Well, community days is over for the year.  It was one of those days that was so full I wasn't sure I wanted to spend time at the parade, but we went and I am grateful that we did.
Thanks to the community for such a great event.  Thank you for your goodness!

No comments: