Friday, July 20, 2012

Weather

We've sure had some stormy weather this week.
Monday while the guys were out baling (and I was waiting up at home because they were only going to be a couple hours) the weather turned on us.


We witnessed lightning and rain and more rain. It was pouring, and coming hard from the east.
I knew the guys wouldn't wanna get out of their tractors in this terrible rain, but I wished they were home.
I tried to get a few pictures that would show how bad it was, but none of them really show all.

 Eventually our power went out and it was very dark outside.  I waited for some lightning so I could snap a photo of how it lit up the night. It was so dark to so bright.  On about the third try I clicked at the right time.


Good news is that they got the hay done (well, except for a tiny little amount on the corner south of our house. But, we have neighbors that didn't have the same good luck.

We've had rain storms come and go since then, and today it included hail - some the size of marbles.
Amazing weather - but we have more hay we need to harvest.  When will it stop?


I do love the sound of thunder and lightning can be so beautiful, but we really do need to have some dry weather for awhile.


No comments: