Thursday, August 20, 2015

moments full of you

I was doing some studying and found Can a husband and wife be together forever? on Mormon.org and decided to keep it where I could see it again.  This is my life!
Family relationships can last forever—not just for this life.
Just as some of life’s sweetest joys can come through family associations, the loss of a beloved family member can be a source of our deepest sorrows.
Jesus Christ gave power to His disciples to seal families together forever when He said, “And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Matthew 16:19).
Death does not need to be the end of our relationships with cherished loved ones. The Lord revealed to Joseph Smith that the “same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there [in eternity], only it will be coupled with eternal glory” (Doctrine and Covenants 130:2).
Family members who accept the Atonement of Jesus Christ and follow His example can be together forever through sacred ordinances performed in God’s holy temples. These ordinances seal a husband and wife together for all eternity and children to their parents as an eternal family. (See: “The Family: A Proclamation to the World”)



I found this on pinterest and decided to keep it too, since I find myself living it.  I constantly search for memories of Terry and wish he was here at my side, to hug and to hold.



Sometimes I feel lost without Terry, but I do know the direction I must go and will do my best to get there, however hard it may be.  "Endure to the end" is an enormous and necessary task at hand.   However hard, I know that the Lord is my strength and that He will send me peace as I do endure.  I know it ..., I feel it from time to time ..., often enough to carry me through ..., and I am grateful.





1 comment:

Louise said...

Thanks for sharing Elaine, I love these words!