Thursday, August 27, 2015

... the end of our trip story and exciting news ...

We began our trip home from California the morning after the baptism, but had a stop to make first.  Before we left home to begin this trip we filled the car with things belonging to Chase and Rebekah, so we stopped in Provo to deliver those things.

We got to see their apartment and help them move things into it.  We didn't stay long, but we did enjoy every minute of being with them.





We had not been able to get pizza in our motel on this trip, so we enjoyed some pizza (delivery) in their apartment for dinner.  Then we headed down the road to get a bit closer to home, so the next day's drive wouldn't take us so long.


We got to pass by my favorite little house on the way home.  It is getting a little worse for wear every time I see it.   I love seeing this site and would love to know the history behind it.



We made it early enough to add one more stop to our trip.  This was closer to home - only a couple miles away.  ;)   One might say we saved the best for last, but each of our family members are our best, so it doesn't actually work to say that.  But, it's still exciting and awesome!

We got to see our babies - Twins, born to Michael and Tawnee ...,  Elsie is a sister ...,  she has a brother and a sister now.  Good Times!


They are soooo tiny!   This makes our count jump to 13 grandchildren.  ;)




They were born while we were away.

Naomi Jane and Ritter James

If I have my story straight (and that is a big if, because I think I have shared it wrong before), Naomi Jane was born first, weighing in at 6 lbs 1 oz, and Ritter James was born about three minutes later weighing in at 6 lbs 5 oz.    But, you'll have to ask those that really know to be sure.

I know this is old news because they are about 2 weeks old now, but I did need to share this excitement here.

They are beautiful!
We enjoyed that short visit too.  Happy to live close enough to see them often. Wish we all could live so close, but happy to have my children happy wherever they are.



So, we got back in the car for a few more minutes and got home shortly after 7:30pm.


It felt good to be home again.  It is always nice to visit our children and grandchildren, and I did enjoy the visits on this trip, but it really was a long time to be away.  It was the longest time I have ever spent away from home (except for when we lived in Seattle, but I felt somewhat at home then because I was with Terry and he is where my heart is).

And, there was much to be done at home, so I was getting a bit anxious to begin those tasks.

Since we've been home from the wedding trip we've been preparing for

Chase and Rebekah's open house 
Saturday, 6:30 - 8:30 pm, at our house. 
 Hope to see you here!


I've also been preparing for Seminary - it starts the 31st.  

Oh!  Almost forgot this - the evening after we got home we went to a birthday party and  had an enjoyable night with dinner and a movie in the tent.  Sometimes it's just as fun to watch the kids watching the movie as it is to watch the movie.  ;)



Okay, back to work.  I just had to take a break and finish these posts before I got any more behind-er.  ;)  

I have been feeling very "behind" but after today I feel like maybe I'm going to be okay.  I am so grateful for BJo's help - couldn't do it without her.  And we have some great friends that have blessed us with their service.  There have been angels in our outfield (or yard) this past week.  May the Lord rain blessings upon them.   


Hey!  The blog is caught up for the minute.  Feels good!

...now on to more prepping....



1 comment:

Ellen said...

So fun to see the wonderful pictures. Can't wait to see all of you on Saturday. Love you!