Saturday, September 12, 2015

College Bound

Our household was up and going at 4:00 this morning.  Not a common sight, but necessary for the adventures of the day.  I have such mixed emotions about the day - I am so pleased that Connor and BrittanyJo will have wonderful opportunities and experiences this fall, but I will truly miss them.

a truck load - ready to head out
Not only will we miss their presence, but we will miss their contribution to the family and farm.

Connor's work on the farm has been much of a learning experience this past year, but has been so appreciated, and will be missed.  He has a love for farming that I didn't know he had till this year.  He was also our media-man, so our facebook page won't get the attention it once had.  We'll all have to be patient and wait for later next spring to see more farm work posted there.

BrittanyJo's help in the house has spoiled me.  She has done the majority of the cooking and dish washing since she's been home.  Now that she will be gone I think I should find a maid.  ;)  It wouldn't be the same though, so I won't waste any effort on that.


Whether we are coming from or going to Rexburg, we always feel grateful when we reach Missoula. Missoula is our half way point (even though it's not exactly half way - it's the biggest city, the closest we can come to half way).  



BJo sent me a photo (at my request), to document their safe travels, and that they were in Missoula.  :)  


We are down to two in our house now, just Anthony and I, which is a strange feeling today.  And when we think into the future just a bit, we realize that he could be out of the house as early as June next year.  His May birthday makes it possible for a mission right after graduation.  WOW!    Is he ready?  Am I ready?   I guess we will just do our best to become ready!


There is a lot of "becoming" taking place in our family.

"Becoming" is what life is all about.  I know we are each always "becoming", always have been and always will be, but I have had a few new experiences of late that have made me have to become something and/or someone different than I originally thought about, and it's really overwhelming at times.   Changing conditions and circumstances always create a need to adapt to the newness, but it seems that, in my experience, there hasn't been anything take place in my life to this point that has created more of a focus on becoming, and for such a long period of time, as has done the loss of my spouse (who I might add, was also my best friend and "constant" companion).   Truly, my every minute was focused on him.  It has been very difficult trying to figure out how to live joyfully without him.  I don't know if I'll every really figure it out completely.


Becoming is an interesting word - one I hadn't really thought a lot about before, but it has been on my mind often times over the past few months.


be·com·ing
bəˈkəmiNG/

the process of coming to be something or of passing into a state.

any change from the lower level of potentiality to the higher level of actuality.



We are each in the process of coming to be something better than what we are ..., taking the experiences that are presented to us and making them work for our good.   Sometimes it is a very difficult thing - I hope we can each find some success in our becoming.


One thing I am quite confident in is the Lord will help us become what He knows we can become - better than we now are, to a "higher level of actuality".    I need Him every hour, and I know He blesses me every hour.  



No comments: