Sunday, September 6, 2015

School / Seminary

Well, usually I have posted a picture of the kids heading out to their first day or two of school.  I was otherwise occupied and not thinking about that the first three days of school for Anthony, but then a new week came when I too was headed out the door for school ..., or for seminary, before school.



It was an odd, but even familiar feeling.   I think I have a picture of the first day of school when I was in elementary school.  I feel a little old here.  But doesn't Anthony look awesome!


I am glad to know that my first week isn't my final week, so that I have time to improve.  I hope the students will survive and be able to overlook my unprofessional and weak teaching abilities.


I have enjoyed my time studying.  There is so much good in the scriptures and I love how I am feeling the love of God in the study of the Old Testament and Pearl of Great Price.


This morning I was so into my studying that I was almost late for church.  We are using the most recent General Conference messages as we study throughout the year, and one quote that touched me today was just for me.  Not necessarily one I planned to share with the class, but it spoke directly to me, as have many other quotes and scriptures of late.


“If we looked at mortality as the whole of existence, then pain, sorrow, failure, and short life would be calamity. But if we look upon life as an eternal thing stretching far into the premortal past and on into the eternal post-death future, then all happenings may be put in proper perspective.”7

Message by Elder Rafael E. Pino, p 118 May 2015 Ensign.  Quote is from President Spencer W. Kimball.
 

We will begin our study of Moses this week in seminary.  One scripture (among the many great verses I've read the last couple days), has sunk deep into my heart and as I liken it unto me, I see and I testify that it is true.  What He says to one, He says to all!  (D&C 93:49)  He is saying this to me.

Moses 1:26
"And lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days..."

The Lord was talking to Moses and preparing him for what was to come - for what he would become. I feel encouragement from this message and will strive with all my heart to remember it and use it to help me in my becoming.

I know the Lord is with me, and for that, I am grateful.  I hope to remember this through all the ups and downs that are sure to come.


I love the Lord.
I love the scriptures.
I love my family.
New to my list, but genuinely so - I love my seminary students.
I love the peace the Spirit brings.




1 comment:

Becky Noftle said...

Sierra has already told me what a blessing it is to have seminary before her day at the high school begins. She has also mentioned what a great teacher you are.