Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Missionary Send Off

This morning I sent our youngest son on a plane to serve a two year mission in the Argentina, Buenos Aires South mission.

I hate putting photos of myself out there, but here is one to commemorate the occasion.  With my son, Elder Anthony Keith Hebdon.



It is a sweet moment. It is something that Terry and I had been working toward and praying for and even expecting would happen, and now it has.

OK ... I know ... still a long two years to go ...  I am familiar with the way this works, and yes ...  that is the tricky part ... :) ...




but we are off to a good start of those two years.






Up Up and Away!

He arrived in Minneapolis and found iPads available for anyone to use, and he emailed me to let me know he had arrived - he had a four hour lay over, but was doing well.  That was a fun surprise.


Then, a few hours later,  a surprise on my phone - you can see the time (but I did remove the sent from number).






I'm sure it will be a long night, but I know that the Lord is very close.  This is a day of tender mercies!


Today, among all of my many blessings (which definitely include my family), I am feeling grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and for Their constant care, given thru the Holy Ghost.



Update:
Studying for seminary ...

Matthew 28:19-20




No comments: