Friday, November 5, 2010

midweek doctor visit

When Terry went to the doctor Monday we didn't remember to have him take his packet of things for the blood draw portion that we send to Seattle. We were just too sick to think. So, we had to go back in for that blood draw before Friday. We were feeling good enough to go Thursday morning so we headed in for what we thought would be a quick and easy visit, 10 minutes max.

Well, we got a surprise! They asked Terry how he was feeling and he honestly told them that he was feeling a little weak. They took more blood and we waited for results. Anne came in to make sure that he was okay, checking his eyes and mouth and searching for signs of GVHD. They took his vitals and weren't completely happy with that. Dr. Smith was called (because she is only in ML on Mondays) and even SCCA was called and it seemed to us that they were just all over-reacting. He's been weak before...a lot! He doesn't feel really good, but that too, has happened before.

After awhile they brought in a liter and a half of fluid for him so we sat there even longer, for a total of about 4 hours. Wow - we had only planned for 10 minutes.
We decided this would teach us to not forget that packet again huh!

Personally, I think he is still weak because he isn't completely over the illness he has had. I know just when I have a good few hours and think I have it beat, it attacks me again. The intense pain in my lower abdomen and back hit me again last night and this morning. I had my flu shot earlier this year, what's up with that?!?!?! Maybe the flu shot just makes the flu harder when you finally get it. Maybe it's not the flu at all.

Here it is Nov. 5th and I've just noticed I haven't changed my birthday calendar. Hopefully you are on schedule better than I am. At least I noticed it before daylight savings time!!!!! That's Sunday, right?

Hope you have a great day! We are so lucky - we get Auger today while Thomas and Dana are in TriCities. And we are loving him! Happy anniversary to them!

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I do pray you are all feeling better soon. That is not good for both of you to be feeling like two cents waiting for change. Thank you for all of the work you are doing on the reunion. We hope to come but it would be just 4 of us as Tyler and Cortney are going to be with her family the last I heard. Always, Sherri

Ellen said...

It was so good to see you on Friday and visit and talk about the reunion. I did learn that Rich and Laurel will be with her family this year for Thanksgiving and that Darin has his in-laws coming from Portland to be with them. Hope you are both feeling a little better this Sabbath day and that good health will steadily return to your home and bodies. Love, Ellen