Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Wakeup!

I would have posted earlier this weekend, but just didn't feel up to it. Sorry! I'm up a bit more now, enough to sit at the computer for a few minutes.

Trick or Treaters were few, but our favorite trick or treater came. He saw and he took what his little hands could hold. He went back a time or two and eventually even brought the whole bucket back with him. He was so cute!





We found an old helmet we had and tried it on him. Of course he was so very entertaining for us. He is just so very cute, isn't he!


He is just so fun to watch...and watch...and watch...


The Latimer's brought us an apple pie - a great treat! Once the kids learned they could eat it, it was gone!

The trick came in the form of the flu. Terry has had something all week, Chase got something too, and then I, Elaine got it. Connor may have had a mild form of it too. I hope it goes away soon.

Terry had Chase take him to the doctor today because I was unable to go. The check up went well and we are quite pleased with the lab results. I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering how it got so good so soon.
WBC - 4.2
RBC - 2.92
Neutrophils - 3.0
and the liver enzymes are looking much better too.
Thanks for the prayers! I guess I do know how they got so good so soon!
His platelets are a bit low, at 78, but we don't foresee any operations in his near future, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I was feeling so rotten Sunday that I couldn't do much, so wrote a very small email to Michael. I felt so bad because I couldn't spend much time. But his reply was wonderful. He didn't hold it against me and make his a short one too. He did however, tell us about his "death call". I knew exactly what he was talking about. I'm not sure I've ever heard it called that, but it's possible, since he is our fifth missionary. He is close enough to the end of his mission that they have his release date already figured out. Should I share it with you? Why not - May 27th. We should get his flight itinerary in the mail to know the particulars, but there is still time for that. But, that is this coming year!!!!! We'll be ready! He'll have mixed emotions! We don't mind - that is actually a good thing. He still has a lot to do, so we won't get "trunky" for him. We'll move on...

hopefully to better health!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Louise said...

Hooray for much better lab results, that is so encouraging! Boo for the flu, that was not what your family needed but hope your all on the mend now. Have a great week!
P.S. Your little trick or treater really is adorable, a real treat for a gloomy weekend!

Shawna Scorup said...

Thank you for sharing the good news inspite of feeling crummy yourself. I am sure it brought lots of smiles near and far.