Thursday, August 25, 2011

All Alone!

I knew this day was coming up again, but it's ever so HERE!
Terry is out working, Chase went to help lay sod at the seminary building, Connor, BrittanyJo and Anthony are at their first day of school.
Me? I'm sitting at the computer...the washing machine is filled and on, the dishwasher is filled and on, and though there are others things calling me, this is where I chose to be for a few minutes.
It's so quiet even with those machines running.
Each had a wonderful priesthood blessing from their father before heading off to school or work this morning and it made for a beautiful beginning of this new day. There is such a good feeling that comes from living the teachings of Jesus Christ and using His priesthood to bless lives. I am so grateful to be a member of His church.

There has been so much going on this summer that I think I've now lost two summers in a row since last summer was spent at Seattle/SCCA. It makes me wonder what next summer will bring us. I guess I better be ready for something. I think our "new normal" is that I'm not sure what the new normal is anymore.

Medical update -
well...I wrote that we have had no news, didn't publish my post because I started adding more wedding photos and TADA! we got a call from Dr. Smith. The docs at SCCA are not ready to say one way or another with the DLI (donor lymphocyte infusion) just yet. Dr. Carpenter would like to see the chimerisms (remember that is a k and long i sound) and flow from inside the bone marrow, so..., yes..., Terry will have a bone marrow biopsy on Tuesday morning..., bright and early! That sample will be sent to SCCA and I suppose they will talk again and get back with us. That is when we will get back with you, our awesome readers and friends. Thanks for being here!

Dental update -
Connor has a few braces in his mouth to help correct the placement of some back teeth. He doesn't seem to have a lot of pain with it, just some irritation. They are not too noticeable since they are in the back.
BrittanyJo has braces on every tooth in her mouth and she is feeling the pain. Yogurt and pudding and ravioli for her for a few days. (They got them on yesterday, 24th.) I have no photos to share, but Monday is picture day at the school so it will happen soon enough. :)

Another update -
More reception photos were added to that post (8/8/11) since Skyler and Lisa shared some of theirs with us. Thanks so much!

PS -
This is our last year of middle school!
AND -
Connor spent an hour in a cop car yesterday! He enjoyed every minute of it. He was riding with Officer Judkins as a "job shadow" for his Sr. project.
AND -
Chase is home now...I've been here awhile huh! :)

Okay, back to work!!!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Louise said...

We will be hoping and praying for good news with the bone marrow biopsy, thanks for the update Elaine!

Tawnee said...

Michael is bummed he forget to ask for a blessing before we left for school. I hope you'll find things to do while you're home alone. That'll be me tomorrow when Michael heads to campus for school!! And we'll keep Terry in our prayers.