Monday, August 8, 2011

Finally!

I have finally turned my birthday calendars to August!
That doesn't mean I'm caught up; I'm just taking a break to post some of the events of the past couple weeks.

We've actually just had (today) our second doctor visit since we posted about one. There wasn't much new news to post last week, and this week there isn't much either, except that he had to get a neulasta shot today. He is not looking forward to the aching bones.

They have started harvesting wheat. The year is going by so fast - I can't believe that we are already in the harvest season. Here is hoping it all goes well!

The thing that has kept us the most busy lately is the wedding - Michael and Tawnee are now married. We are so happy for them. Congratulations to them! Hey, congratulations to us too! It's so exciting. They'll head out to Provo (not sure when) - it's the college life for them for awhile.

The wedding was beautiful and the words shared at their sealing were equally beautiful. They were encouraging and inspiring words. We each need to do a bit better at being a good husband or a good wife...to serve and help each other...to give each other our all. (Still no photos from the wedding - I didn't have my camera since it's not working well at all.)

The reception was beautiful too. I did get a few photos during the set up time, with BrittanyJo's camera, and luckily Skyler and Lisa shared some great photos too. Thanks so much!















Thank you family and friends for coming to share this wonderful occasion with us. You made all the work and worry worth it! Don't Tori's cupcakes look divine? They are deliciously divine...or divinely delicious!

We are always happy to spend time with family. Gregory brought his family up, Brandon flew in, and Skyler and Lisa came for the wedding. Other relatives (who live close by) were there too - we love you all!

The last weekend of July was a Rodeback Reunion - and we were able to attend this year. It was good to see the other family members that were there, and we missed those who could not make it. We are already looking forward to next year!!!



The kids have been kept busy with scout camps, girls camp, asb camp, business week, and now band camp. Somebody has been gone during every week this summer. Somehow it can always get busier...how is that?!?!?! The hurried-er I go, the behind-er I get!

Okay, back to work! I've got to keep digging my way out of this mess. Not only do I have wedding decos to put away, but I've left things undone for long enough that I'm really behind. It's a one person job too, so it's gonna take a while. If I keep going I can get it clean before Chase gets home - Tuesday the 16th! Yeah! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....


1 comment:

The Stanley's said...

So much fun! The decorations look beautiful. Congratulations! Enjoy your reunion today. (16th)