Friday, August 19, 2011

DIY

DIY/Do It Yourself was something I saw often as I was looking online for ideas this last month. I decided today to put my own DIY on this post.

Clothes pin magnets.





Glue coordinating papers (or burlap or fabric) onto the clothes pin and trim to size. (I used a glue stick for this part.)
Choose an assortment of items to create the look you want, like; burlap, tulle, fabric, flowers, lace, beads, keys, yarn, bows, ribbon, twine, string, wire, buttons, charms, etc. Bunch it, fold it, tie it, layer it.... Glue a magnet on the back. (I used a hot glue gun for the added trinkets.)

Tawnee even made her ribbon flowers and that is something I must learn to DIY! It was fun to see what we could come up with and making them different meant we didn't have to search all over to buy enough of one item to make them all the same.

No comments: