Monday, August 22, 2011

Terry's Medical Report

WBC = 2.9(L)
RBC = 3.37(L)
Platelets = 79(L)
Neutrophils = 1.8 (He just barely makes it normal here, as the normals are within 1.8-7.8, but we like normal even if it is barely normal.)

We also have word on the test they did last week and sent to SCCA. The CLL was 2.0% before the Rituxan treatment began in June. He had four weeks of Rituxan and 3 1/2 weeks later the test shows that the CLL has decreased to 0.03%. That was good news and we are grateful for it.
However, along with that good news seemed to come some confusion &/or discouragement. The tone of voice and choice of words the doctor used today seemed to make us feel that it's not necessarily going to keep going in the right direction. She assured us that he could get these Rituxan treatments every 6 months for 2 years to help keep the CLL "down". Okay, that is good, except I was hoping that this last set of Rituxan was meant to turn it around and keep it going down until there was 0.0% CLL in his body. That would mean no more Rituxan...ever. Really! Isn't that what we've been shooting for??? Will it ever happen??? I guess we may have just backed it up and not really turned it around like I thought we were trying to do.
Are you feeling some negative vibes through this? Sorry! I am really confused right now and I'm not sure what to think. I guess I should have waited a while to write this post so that I could get some positive vibes flowing. I'll keep working on that one! :)
The doctors at SCCA are talking about Terry again tomorrow morning in their rounds. (I wonder if they will ever get to stop talking about him?) They will then call Dr. Smith, and Dr. Smith will then call us. So, maybe there will be more news tomorrow!?!?!?! We never hold our breath on these things you know! ;)

After a long morning and afternoon of dentist, doctor, dentist, school shopping and a very late drive-thru lunch I think it's time for chocolate..., and I didn't buy any! What's up with that? (Shhh! Maybe I'll go get into the milk chocolate chips. ;) don't tell my kids they'll think they can do the same someday.) :)

Have a good one!

Here's a quote to think about:
"Your dollars will do better if accompanied by some sense."
It seems fitting right now after doing our school supplies shopping and allowing the kids to put whatever they felt they needed into the cart. That was non-sense on my part, because the total was much more than I would ever have thought. And, when we got home I realized we hadn't even purchased any notebook paper. WHAT?

(Shhh! I think some cold chocolate milk might do the trick!)

No comments: