Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Departure

We said good-bye to Elder Connor Ronald Hebdon today...

at home ...

 
and at the airport ...
 

 
and waited to watch his plane take off ...
 
 
the sky was such a beautiful background tonight that it made my heart smile at the same time it was crying ...
 
 
it was a sweet and tender mercy for me.
 
I love those moments!
 
Michael and Tawnee picked up Connor from the SLC airport and took him to their place for the night. They will take him to the MTC in the morning.
 
Sweet Dreams everyone!
 
 

1 comment:

Brian and LeeAnn said...

It has been three months since I sent out a missionary, and this was still too tender, too soon! It is such a bitter-sweet moment in ou lives. Also, I loved the picture of the airplane in the sunset. Beautiful night :)