Saturday, March 28, 2015

Just In

The headstone is in at the cemetery.
Anthony, Auger, Akleigh and I went to see it today after Anthony's tennis match.


















The photo used was our engagement photo (seen HERE).  We have changed a bit since then, but it's still us.  Maybe that is what we will look like in our perfect form????   It seems a great photo to use because it felt like a bit of heaven at that time in my life, meeting and marrying this man of my dreams and living life together.  We were happy to be in love with each other..., always.  Heaven is felt in a different way now, but still includes Terry, no matter what we look like.
Neither one of us were ever perfect so I couldn't expect a perfect image on a photo or etched in a slab, but it did turn out well enough to please me.

Perfection will come later.

The farm/ranch scene is something I put together years ago for the farm business cards and checks. I felt it was appropriate for this too.  Farming was what we both have always wanted and loved.  It is us!


Auger just came in as I was writing this and he asked me about the headstone.  I read it to him and assured him that he is part of our eternal family because he is part of Thomas ... and Thomas is part of Terry.  And honestly, Terry is very much a part of me.

I am part of a great family looking forward and looking back from whence I came.   It is glorious to have an eternal family and I am grateful for each member of it.

Presently Terry and I have 9 children, 5 married children, and 11 grandchildren.
2+9+5+11=27 and growing ...
I don't expect any weddings this year (though there is still time for surprises if things go as fast as they did for a few of the other children), but I do expect two more grandchildren. AWESOME!

I do love my family!



4 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

Beautiful, you picked a lovely headstone. Tawnee is really pulling the load right now since she is providing both of those grandchildren!

Ellen said...

Elaine, I love it!!! So perfect and beautiful. Twins are so fun and it is awesome that yours will be so close.

Ellen said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful picture!

Lisa C. said...

It's beautiful Elaine! You made perfect choices as usual. You have great taste in everything you do including choosing an eternal companion and the headstone that would honor his life.