Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Harvest time!

This is what I see as I look out my back door - silage harvest is happening here. That's not all though, down the road a ways there is another harvest taking place - there we will find a combine in the field of beans. Sooooo much to do! The guys are happy to have Skyler here to help drive truck, but Skyler is not fond of that job and feels that he has a bit to learn, though he is willing to give it his best effort to help out in a time of need.

Terry taught seminary, came home and chopped silage while the others drove the trucks, then after lunch he went to harvest the beans and left Thomas to run the chopper and Skyler and Adelfo to drive the trucks. It was a late night, but one small field of beans is complete, with possibly 3 more to go.
It's fun to hear the trucks go by, because it means that all the equipment is working well and the harvest will not drag on. I worry if it gets quiet for too long.

1 comment:

The Stanley's said...

I enjoyed this post. We just drove through eastern Idaho. We like to take advantage of opportunities to go with my husband when he travels to see customers. This time of year is my favorite. We saw many trucks piled high with potatoes!! I am so thankful for those who provide a harvest through their hardwork and knowledge. Fall is the best!