Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I was being sneaky this morning.

Terry was just relaxing while I was fixing his tubing after his shower and I turned around as if to get more supplies, but got the camera and snapped a photo instead. I just wanted to show the line without the gauze bandage in the way. The upper end of the white tubing is where it enters his skin. The bandage has a clear center so that the entrance site is visible all the time. The yellowish square in the bandage is a gel pad, maybe for sterilization or maybe to keep the bandage from attaching to the tube, or both.
Dennis and MaryAnn headed over for another shot this morning. He will have his first apheresis this afternoon, and another one tomorrow. (That's where they will take his blood cells.)

3 comments:

Kim and Steve Dilley said...

Hello Terry, thanks to your older sister who just happens to work at the temple with my wife Kim on Tuesdays. It truly is a small world. It is simply amazing how we, as chidren of our Heavenly Father are truly brothers and sisters. It seems like only yesterday that we were at school at R C. You are diffenantly facng a trail in your life. You and your family will be in our prayers! If I am understanding Dennis is there to help you, how cool is that that he is good for something. LOL just kidding. Wishing you the very best! We will be monitoring your blog and Ellen will share with Kim on your progress. Love Steve and Kim Dilley

Shawna Scorup said...

I know my Father lives, and loves me too, the Spirit whispers this to me and tells me it is true. He sent us here to earth, by faith to live His plan. The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me that we can. I feel of your faith and that of many others who know and love you. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated. Glad you had a ducky day monday:) We are headed to Provo for Patricia's graduation...Love, Shawna

Ellen said...

I feel my Savior's love, in all the world around me. His spirit warms my soul, through everything I see. I feel my Savior's love, Its gentleness enfolds me, and when I kneel to pray, my heart is filled with peace. I feel my Savior's love and know that He will bless me. I offer Him my heart, my shepherd He will be.

He knows I will follow Him, give all my life to Him. I feel my Savior's love, The love he freely gives me.

Like Shawna, I am reminded of primary songs today, fasting and praying for a great day. I too am glad that you have been able to go and do fun things while Dennis and Mary Ann are there. What a precious gift to share during a very difficult time. May our Father be with all of you today.. Love, Ellen