Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Terry stayed home and I went to the SCCA clinic today by myself. Does that sound backwards? It wasn't for an appointment, it was just to get his fluids and supplies. He was tired, but I knew he needed to get his IV going, so I offered to go without him ... and I did. I think I was gone about 25 minutes. Once again, grateful for the shuttle. It was raining and a bit chilly so it's good Terry stayed inside. We need him to stay well. Getting sick right now could send him to the hospital, so we are being careful.

Terry does or has experienced all of those symptoms listed in yesterdays post, but most are somewhat mild. He is doing really well, inspite of it all.

I'll share a couple photos with you today:
The first photo is of the building we live in. See the blue? That is one section of the 4 sections that continue to the left. It is all one building, but different colors. We live in the lower right side. The windows just above the white building and below the large pipe on top of that building are our windows. Our part of the building is actually a gray color. (Two bedrooms and the living room.) Our deck is off to the right.
The second photo is the best view we have from our place. We can see only that much of the lake. There are buildings to block the view in the other directions. We do see a few boats coming in or leaving and a lot of planes coming and going. We can see the planes in the air above this orange building on the right of the photo. It's fun to see as we are sitting in the living room and looking out.

Even though it's a small view, it is so very different than the view we have at home. :) We are enjoying it.
We send our love to family and friends!
Have a great day!
And thanks so much!

2 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

I have driven past that building many a time!! We stay a hop, skip, and a jump away (about 2 miles, but I am bad at estimating!)

Ellen said...

Good Thursday morning. Elaine I am so proud of you going alone to get the things Terry needed yesterday. You are quite the lady! Terry, I am thankful to hear that the things you are experiencing (ie from the list of possibles) are mild and pray they will stay that way. I hope you will both have a wonderful day today. I was at a camp meeting last night and once again, didn't get the blog read until this morning. My love to both of you, Ellen