Friday, April 23, 2010

Terry had a blood draw and clinic visit today. Things are going well. He feels somewhat week, but it's not too bad yet. They say that this is how it might be for awhile, and of course we realize it could get worse. They did suggest that the nausea will be controllable, so things are looking pretty good then.

He will return to the clinic for blood draws on Saturday and Sunday. They check this often to make sure all levels are where they need to be and then change medications and fluids to fit his needs.

We will continue to pump fluids here at "home" to keep him hydrated. That is in our schedule for this afternoon, as is resting, reading, tv, laundry, scrapbooking, and meals. No real excitement, but we can handle that at the moment - in fact, for today, we like it that way. When he begins to feel better we can try to add some more sight seeing.

OH!
I gave Terry his wedding ring today. He could not wear it during the radiation he had Wednesday and because his hands were swelling from the fluids he was receiving several days before that, we had to remove it. The best place for it, so that it wouldn't get lost, was on my ring finger, behind my wedding ring. I must say that I enjoyed wearing it and wondered if I would not want to give it back. But as I saw him this morning without it, I felt that I needed him to have it as a visual that he is taken, and is mine. I miss wearing it, but it means so much more when he does.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Sounds like things went well today. We are so thankful for that blessing. I took Dallin to a therapy pool today for about 20 minutes and he did pretty good. He went to Sportmans Warehouse and Wal-mart and had a numb foot by the time he was done. He had to sit down serveral times too, but we are still hopeful he will be whole once again. Loved how you took good care of Terry's wedding ring. I liked how you said, "He is taken and he is mine." How wonderful he is yours, but tonight as I read this I had the overwhelming feeling of gratitude that you are his forever. How thankful we are for eternal families. Hope the meds continue to stay where they should and you have a peaceful nights rest. Always, Sherri and family

Ellen said...

Just returned from Pendelton where we watched Drew in a track meet. He did a good job and it was good to be there with him and the rest of the Draper family. Really great place to keep Terry's ring safe. He is taken and he is mine is a great thing and Wayne says "COOL", but back on his finger is a good place for it also. I feed such thankfulness for the success so far in this process and continue to pray for both of you, and all involved with Terry's care. I hope your night will be restful and rejunivating to each of your bodies. Love, Ellen