Friday, July 2, 2010

Fun Day!

It's a good day, and I want to share a few things:

- I've talked with most of my kids today and even had a birthday wish from Auger :) I heard it! :)

- We had brownies and icecream for breakfast! Keeping up with tradition, with a bit of a twist. We always have cake and icecream for breakfast on our birthdays. But, I chose brownies instead of cake this year.

- Terry and the kids made lunch for us. While slicing strawberries for a salad they found these "lips" and put it on top of my brownie for dessert after lunch. SO CUTE! A kiss for me!
- We heard a knock on the door this afternoon and found it to be an exciting delivery. This is an adorable and delicious birthday gift. Many thanks to the sender!!! (Michael and Lisa Christensen) And thanks to others who have sent birthday wishes.


- We ate dinner at a Chinese restaurant and enjoyed some good food (and some good sushi). Here's my fortune: "Love is like paint...it makes things beautiful when you spread it, but it will dry up if you don't use it."

- Now I get to sleep, using one of my new pillow cases that BJo made for my little pillow. She got a sewing machine for her birthday and made me a couple pillow cases. Aren't they cute!


4 comments:

Worsham Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday Elaine! I am glad you are having a good one. Cake and icecream for breakfast is a great idea :)

Ellen said...

Sounds like you have had a great day; glad to hear that it was fun. Tell everyone there hello for me and thanks for the adorable thank you card. Love, Ellen

Kings said...

Happy Birthday from all of us here in Moses Lake!

Becky Noftle said...

So glad it was a happy one--what a difference it makes to have Terry healing, the best gift of all!