Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend Report

We enjoyed having BJo and Anthony with us for the week. It seemed to go by fast.
We picked up Gregory from the airport Saturday and Adena came later that night after Connor got home from basketball camp. We had a nice visit for the weekend, the last one before Gregory and Adena leave for home/California (on the 15th). They have done so much for us and we appreciate their help.

Adena made this cake - isn't it awesome! It tastes good too!

We had fun together as we celebrated the 4th of July. We played, blew bubbles, put a couple puzzles together (one was small), ate, and listened to some conference messages Sunday morning.


We watched the fireworks from our apartment deck. We didn't get to see the low ones, but there were so many high fireworks that we didn't miss much.



The celebrating continued the next morning with Adena's birthday.


They left after lunch and I started cleaning and bottling cherries. We got a couple boxes of cherries from Janet and Harris and Adena brought them and some jars and canning utensils so that we could bottle them here. I didn't want to make that the project of our last morning together so I just kept it all here and did it myself after they left. I only did 14 jars, but I'm going to have to soak my fingers in Clorox for sure.
We ended our busy day with a relaxing visit with Dennis and MaryAnn. It was good to see them again and it added to our desire for our return home, to be closer to family.


2 comments:

The Stanley's said...

Looks like you had a chilly firework night too. We were huddled around a fire with coats and blankets. Isn't this a cold summer! Beautiful cherries.
: )

Ellen said...

I haven't been near the computer for a few days, but these are very exciting and good pictures and it surely looks like you are having a very fun time. I can't believe that it is already time for Gregory and his family to leave for home. It has been so fun getting to know them better and I am amazed with them. I am so thankful they could come and be there to do what they have done and I applaud them greatly....in fact the whole family is applauded. I am trying very hard to learn, as fast as I can, what all it takes to be a good shift coordinator at the temple. I was assigned that last night, but was asked 2 weeks ago. Changes are always happening in the church. Hugs to you and I hope this will be a good day.