Monday, March 24, 2014

Being Home ...

It's time for a new post isn't it?!?!?  I've been wanting to post something for awhile now, and just haven't done it.  Today is the day ..., and it's a long one.  I should do short posts more often, but it just didn't happen that way this time. 

I think things are beginning to feel a bit more "normal" around here.  It's kind of a new normal, but it's becoming a more comfortable place.  All of our stuff from Seattle is put away, but there is still much to do because I'm still focusing on things that need deep cleaned and organized.  I've been trying to do that for a few years now, so that is certainly normal for me.

I have accomplished a few things on the list, like cleaning the pantry and food storage areas.  That makes me feel good.  My biggest accomplishment last week was that I cleaned the pump house.  WOW!  I haven't done that in a long time, so that feels good.

I went to Moses Lake for the first time in over 6 months.  Another WOW!  It felt a bit strange, especially because I was alone.  I haven't done that much lately.  Just in case I was feeling a bit like I was missing Seattle, someone along the highway hung a 12th man flag from their home to make me feel better.  I assure you that I do feel at home, but as much as I don't miss Seattle, that flag did make me smile.   I went to pick up some medication for Terry.  I stopped at a few stores just to see if I could find something I'd like to buy and nothing seemed to call my name, except for the movie Frozen. 
 
 disney-Frozen-Movie-Group-HD-Wallpaper
(We'll be watching that tonight. I love the good in that movie and the family love that prevails. It's Fun!) 
 
I spent more on the medication than on other things combined that day.  That is a good thing too, because if I'm trying to clean and organize this place it's good not to bring other things in to the clutter.  I do feel like I'm having a hard time letting things go though.  I'm trying to create a Goodwill or yard sale box and it's not as easy as I hoped.  I need to be able to let go of things easier.  How do I do that? 

Medical needs are still number one around here, but they are also taking a back seat to other things.  That sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it.  I guess I just mean to say that it's getting easier trying to combine it all - in daily tasks and in my head. We are getting Terry's hydration (4 hour infusion) done daily and his medicines are getting taken regularly as well.  Some days it still feels tricky with some of the scheduling, but it's working okay.  It's nice to only have one appointment a week for a few weeks before starting the daily chemo treatments again.  Terry is feeling a little less nauseated now after being off chemo for a week.  We hope it lasts.  He still doesn't have a lot of energy, and wishes for more.  Oh!  The BK virus (urine infection) is gone - that is definitely a good thing.   He would love to be out with the guys more, but has only been able to spend a couple hours a few days with them and feels pretty wiped out afterward.  It's still good to be home and a part of the support system.

We were able to attend church meetings again Sunday and it was a lovely day.  By the end of Sacrament meeting the spirit was touching my heart and soul very strongly.  I was feeling grateful to be there for the third Sunday in a row since we moved back home.  Sunday School and Relief Society were also great meetings and by the end of RS my heart was overflowing with gratitude for the opportunity to be there and to feel of the spirit that was ever present that day, (and missed so many Sundays in Seattle - it was good to feel it).  If it's like the first transplant, it will take me a while to feel like I've picked up where I left off (spiritually), but it's good to feel it happening already.  I am so grateful for the gospel, for leaders and teachers and friends and family who teach and testify and serve to bless lives.  I feel blessed!  I am grateful for a loving Father in Heaven and for His Son, our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

I neglected to post about this last week - on our way home from Church last Sunday we were able to help a friend replace a flat tire. We were in our church clothes and they got a bit dirty, but we all agreed that it felt so good to be helpful and give of ourselves to help another. 


It wasn't long before a friend showed up to help us help another.  Serving and giving is a great thing in life. What a blessing it is to all involved. (BJO got these photos with her phone - maybe I need a new phone so I can take photos like this too. But then again, I don't need to be learning about a new phone right now.)

Being involved and  serving leads me to our missionary sons, Elders Connor and Chase...
We have received Chase's release date - June 25th - only three months from now.  We can tell with his letters that he is finishing strong.  He loves the area he is in and the people there.  We can feel that his testimony continues to be strengthened as he continues to serve.  He read the Book of Mormon from beginning to end through the month of January and is currently reading the Old Testament with plans to have it completed before he is released.

Connor is doing great as well.  He is just over his one year mark (end of Jan.) and is going strong.  He too is strengthening his testimony as he helps others.  He is training a new missionary that is older than he is and it's feeling a bit odd for him, but he loves the work and is anxiously engaged in a good cause.

It's been great to have the kids stop in on occasion and we love the hugs and attention from the grandkids.  It is awesome to see them at church across the way and get the sweet smiles and waves filled with love and then the hugs that follow.  We had family over Sunday evening and it was fun to be with them.

 

We look forward to more gatherings and visits from other family members through the next few months. We'll try to remember to get photos and post about those great moments yet to come.  Life is getting busier and busier with the upcoming events this year.  I hope I don't crash ..., but then ..., if I do it won't be the first time and I know from past experience that I will get up and dust myself off and get going again.  Much like little children that fall to the floor and jump up and go some more.  It happens all the time doesn't it! 

BrittanyJo has been helping with the little girls basketball each weekend and Anthony has begun tennis.  I'm hoping for some good weather to be outside and cleaning this week - it needs it.  But there is still enough to do in the house if not. 

Life is happening around us ... and LIFE IS GOOD!




No comments: