Friday, March 14, 2014

A Report!

Good news - boxes are no longer stacked in the family room, and my stuff room is re-organized (as good as it can get before I finish scrapbooking and find a place for a few things being stuffed in there until they have a place of their own).

The pantries are re-organized, but the kitchen counter is still cluttered with medical supplies and I have not yet determined where I'm going to store them.  One thing I know for sure, is that I don't like them on the kitchen counter.   I'll get that figured out this week if things go well. 

There are a few boxes left to take care of in our bedroom, including a suit case I need to finish unpacking.  I have a lot of organizing to do in many other areas of the house, but I am excited for the challenge and look forward to each completion.

I had to take a break from the cleaning and organizing to figure out our tax info, and that seemed a bit challenging trying to find records.  When I am at home I have a place for those papers, but at Seattle things got a bit confusing ..., and bringing them home was even worse.   The good thing is that those things are now put in their proper place.  It just seemed a bit un-nerving to me at the time, trying to find the things I needed in the piles of things to put away.

Life is supposed to be getting normal for me, but this new normal is still a bit off and I hope to find it soon.  Day to day life is happening here.  I'm finding it tricky to get used to all this again.  Wow! 

Medicine changes are happening, which makes timing a bit easier, but we are still hydrating daily.  It is nice to have our 5 days of Vidaza infusions complete now.  No more trips to Wenatchee this week!   That ought to help our transition into our home life become a bit smoother.  Our next appointment is Tuesday.  We will have a weekly appointment to see the doctor and get blood work done.

Terry is feeling nauseated and icky, and lacking in energy/stamina.  Other than that, he is fine!  ;)

It was a no school day today so we took the kids to Wenatchee with us and did some much needed shopping for them.   We saw a couple 12 Flags in our travels today ..., reminding us of the sights and sounds of Seattle.   Anthony got some more driving time in, but the wind made it really tricky.  It not only blew us around, but it made visibility difficult (if not impossible) at times with the sand blowing across the road.  We made it home safely and were happy to be inside, away from the blistery day.  Ah, the comforts of life!   We are lucky!

We are BLESSED!


Well, I'm waiting up for BJo, so I think I'll find something constructive to do ....

SCCA sent us a box of supplies we have to put together and take to the clinic each week, so I guess that will be a good and quiet constructive activity for me till she gets home.

 
(the styrofoam boxes hold a vial)

 (one of everything!)


I will only do a few, because they take up more room when they are all put together - and then where would I store them all?  Oh Bother!


No comments: