Saturday, March 8, 2014

Update:

A quick look back -
We were in Seattle a bit longer for the second transplant (5 months + 11 days) than we were the first transplant (1 day short of 5 months if I remember correctly).  However, the time after transplant was shorter on the second, since the added days were before transplant, due to the sinus surgery.  We were able to spend some weekends home with both, but I don't know how they compare.   When we got home from the first transplant we traveled back about 3 times a week for a couple weeks, then two times a week, slowly down to none.  This time we are able to take care of our needs in Wenatchee.

We missed many holidays at home, but hopefully that will make this next year of holidays more enjoyable. 

Our appointment in Wenatchee Friday morning went well.  It was nice to see our doctor and others who cared for us there.  A couple people stopped in to say hi as they walked by and saw us there.  We know we are in good hands and actually look forward to seeing the nurses in the infusion room this week.   (I could be speaking for myself there, but I know that Terry enjoys their loving care, though he may wish it wasn't necessary.  I wish it wasn't necessary too!)

WBC = 0.7(LL)
RBC = 3.05(L)
HCT = 30.6(L)
PLT = 65(L)
Magnesium was a bit low, so we will add another pill in the afternoon.
Creatinine was in the normal range.
Glucose was in the normal range.


Before we left we saw this taking place out our window.


Spring farming is beautiful!  We are happy to be here to see it take place.

Today (Saturday) has been a long hard day trying to organize things.  I've carried too many boxes and items from one room to the other, and to the garage or pump house, and feel like I've done enough to have everything put away.  That just isn't the case, because a lot of what I carried around was stuff already here, just moving it to a different location in the house, making room for a few other things I collected (especially Christmas stuff).  It's one of those domino effects where one things leads to another.

I think most of my food stuff we brought home is put away.   Bringing two households together can be tricky, even if the one we are moving from is a small apartment.  And, I was on my own today because the kids have youth conference.  NO HELP!  Oh Bother!  I can't wait for them or it will take forever.  Even more forever than it already seems.

I think I'll rest the rest of the night, if that is possible when I'm surrounded by boxes and things waiting to find their space in this house.  I'll be waiting up for the kids ..., hope they are home before midnight.  I haven't waited up for them in a long time. 

HAPPY TO BE HOME!

No comments: