Sunday, June 15, 2014

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

LIFE AS A FATHER   
by Terry Hebdon 
written May 1984


A father is born on the self same day
As his first born child, together that way.

They start new life, so scary to ask,
But together they grow to meet the task.

And with a mother come to be
What we all know as a family.

So through the days and span of years
They calm each one, the other's fears.

Until behold the father looks,
He isn't looking, he's reading those books.

And many other things does see,
"This child of mine is just like me!"

So time has flown, the child once small,
Is grown up, not young at all.

At last the father in quiet does confess,
I'm slower than he, I didn't progress

Nearly as fast, nor as much as he,
For look at him now, a father he'll be.

So he seems disappointed but still he can say;
"We both were born on the self-same day."



We send our love to all the fathers in our family and in our lives. 
WE LOVE YOU!

Terry doesn't read this often, but I still want to express my love for him ...
I LOVE HIM - THE FATHER OF OUR CHILDREN - MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!
It's as simple as that ..., yet so very complex.  I don't know what more to say ....


Knowing that life is the rarest of all miracles, gratitude is the natural expression. I'm thankful for everything, including every challenge and hardship I've faced.
image found on pinterest







No comments: