Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Medical News

We had a doctor visit today, but there really isn't any new information.  No improvement at this point, except that Terry didn't have a fever this past week.  That's good! 

We went to the third floor for red blood cell and platelets transfusion and things went quite smoothly there.  It was the quickest transfusion we've had there. 

I left for a couple hours to do a bit of shopping - that's about the only time I do any shopping and I do only what is necessary, except today I stopped at the Pennsylvania House because ..., well, because I could.  ;)   They are closing up and selling things at great prices - the sign says 50% off, but I got so much better than that on a pretty antique bowl, a pretty vintage sheet, and several doilies.  It was a quick shopping trip because I really do hate to leave Terry there in the hospital alone, even if he does sleep the majority of the time. 

The nurses are getting pretty familiar with us by now and expect to see us next week.  They are all quite friendly and kind. 

Well, I'm too tired to keep going tonight and we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow, so I'll sign off here with a fun quote from a sweet lady.

from here

"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it.  You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh.  Crying gives me a headache."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley



No comments: