Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hope


A second tender mercy in the same day.  This came as I was reading PMG in preparation to writing to my missionary son.  It was the first thing I read and then the last, because my heart received the message it needed.


"Hope is an abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to you.  It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance.  It is believing and expecting that something will occur.  When you have hope, you work through trials and difficulties with the confidence and assurance that all things will work together for your good.  Hope helps you conquer discouragement." (Preach My Gospel p117)


I love Hope! I believe that paragraph ... I know it is true!  I am grateful for a loving Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I feel blessed! 

There are many things in life that can discourage us and indeed there have been in my life lately, and they have hit me hard lately, but I must remember to HOPE for better days ahead and remember that it will most likely "turn out better than I think".  (see also here)



This was first published at  http://waitingpatientlyonthelord.blogspot.com/2014/08/hope.html

No comments: