Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Can't Sleep!

If you notice the time on the post you might wonder why I am up so late. I'm two hours past my bedtime, but I can't seem to shut down. I tried, but it was unsuccessful, so I got up and finished cleaning my bathroom and decided to come turn on the computer and post a little something special.

While I was talking to Chase on my cell phone tonight the house phone rang, so Terry answered it. I could tell by the sound of his voice that he was happy to talk to the person on the other end, but didn't listen enough to figure out who - I had my own special caller on the other end of my line. Then after several minutes he told me he'd switch phones with me, and that it was Michael on the other end of his line. WOOHOO!

Michael has been asked if he would try to make the decision of coming home early or not. This is such a hard thing to ask, but he knows the proper steps and is presently pursuing that course. He is studying it out and praying about his decision. He wanted to know if we had any preferences.

WOW! What does a mom or a dad say to that?!?!?! Well, we said what any parent would say; "We'll pick you up tomorrow!" Okay, not really, we did however, tell him that we would accept and support any decision he made after praying about it and that we would pray for him too. We want him to feel good about his decision and we want him to do what the Lord would have him do. We will be happy either way! And that's the truth!

We are excited to have Chase home with us this weekend (or the beginning of next week). We've got some room preparations to do before these two young men of ours return. We've filled their spaces while we were putting in carpet and painting our bedroom and bathroom, but we think we can move back into our room this weekend.

These two phone calls are reason enough to keep me awake huh!?!?!?!

2 comments:

natalieandersen07 said...

I wouldn't be able to sleep either!!! I'm happy that you got to talk to Michael and to know that everything is still ok. Sounds like fun getting your bedroom and bathroom painted...we'll not the actual doing it but the having it done part ;) Were always praying for you and your family and we love you all SO MUCH!!! Miss you all, Natalie Andersen

Ellen said...

WOW!! How awesome to hear from both of them in one night. It must be a really hard thing for Michael, but I also will pray with him to help make the right decision. I would feel the same way if my child were where he is at this time. Sounds like things are working well with the changes in your bedroom. I will be excited to see what you have done. Love to all, Ellne